Under the guiding force of Hon. Padmabhushan Dr. Balasaheb VikhePatil,Pravara Rural Education Society started first Agri-Biotechnology College in Maharashtra with affiliation to MPKV, Rahuri in 2003. In addition College of Agriculture Business Management started in 2011 and College of Agriculture was set in 2012.
Also Started diploma courses Live Stock Management & Dairy Production at Loni Taluka Rahata in 1986,the same course is started in Satral Taluka Rahuri and in Fatyabad Taluka Shrirampur Dist Ahmednagar in 2002 with affiliation to Maharashtra Animal &Fishery Sciences University Nagpur. similarly Agriculture Polytechnic and Mali Training Courses were started with affiliation to MPKV, Rahuri in 1994. For the women empowerment in agriculture sector PRES started Mahila Agriculture Polytechnic School with affiliation to MPKV, Rahuri in 2011
The well-equipped college building was inaugurated on 25/06/2006 by hands Hon'ble. Shri. Sharadchandraji Pawar, former Union Agriculture Minister, Govt. of India.
Message of Director of Agriculture and Allied Colleges
Dr. Bhaskar Gaikwad
Agriculture is backbone of India and more than 65 per cent population depends on agriculture. However the GDP contribution of country from agriculture is hardly 12 to 13 per cent. This is mainly due to poor infrastructure, lack of skilled manpower and less investment in agriculture. Agriculture provides more than 67 per cent employment in the country but due to unorganized nature and less social status it is becoming the major problem to attract the more population particularly youths in agriculture. As per report of Dr Swaminathan, nearly 40 per cent agriculture populations are willing to quit agriculture due to uneconomic enterprise. To sustain the agriculture there is need to increase the investment in agriculture and attract more skilled man power particularly youths is agriculture. The brain drain and migration of educated youths from the rural area should be restricted by providing the necessary knowledge and skills to youths.
Pravara Rural Education Society is working for socio-economic upliftment of the rural community under the able guidance of Hon'ble. Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil Leader of Opposition, State Legislative Assembly, Maraharashtra and Chairman of PRES. Pravara Institute of Agriculture Sciences having various branches to train the youths in agriculture, agriculture biotechnology, dairy science besides agribusiness management which have integration of all the agriculture technology and practices. Our Institute is working to strengthen the Indian agriculture by developing the skilled man power in the rural area. This institute has given major emphasis to impart the required knowledge and skills to the student studying in this institute. We are trying to develop the students which will be use full in various sector of agriculture which includes production, research, extension and service providers. For this purpose necessary infrastructure and facilities has been developed by Institute. Our dream is to develop well trained skilled and knowlegable youths which will help to develop agriculture as sustainable assured income generating enterprise.
Vision and Mission
- To provide a wide range Agricultural and Allied education with a commitment to excellence in teaching, learning and research responsive to regional, national and international needs.
- To provide high class learning and teaching environment to Students and Teachers, comparable to the best of any urban area to the rural masses and empowering them through advanced Agricultural Education.
- Upliftment of rural masses through Agricultural Education.
- To achieve academic excellence
- To promote education for women
- To impart value based education
- To provide education for socio-economic change
- To impart education to needy and poor students
- Excellent results. Many University Toppers and Rank holders.
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Excellent discipline.
- Alumnus working in leading companies in India & Abroad.
- Scholarships & Prizes awarded to meritorious students.
- Excellent Medical facilities available adjacent to campus at Pravara Medical Hospital Loni.
- Financial assistance through Earn & Learn scheme.
- Expert lectures by eminent personalities from industries & academics.
- Eco-friendly environment.
- Gymkhana facilities with multi gym & swimming pool of International standards.
- Teacher Guardian scheme
- N.S.S. unit
- Dedicated centralized computing facility.
- College helps in getting educational loan from nationalized bank for poor & needy students.